Home / Blog

Post by : Christine Padilla, Attorney


Medical Authorization Form For A Minor
School is out, and summer is in full swing for many San Diego families. For many, summer brings fun family outings and vacations. At times, this means children get to travel to stay with grandparents or other family members, without mom and dad. And occasionally, mom and dad are able…

Post by : Christine Padilla, Attorney


Joint Tenancy Problems If A Couple Dies Simultaneously
Assume Jack and Jill are married and involved in an unfortunate car accident. Jill has 2 children from a previous marriage, and Jack has no children. Jill passes away immediately, and Jack passes away at the hospital a day later. What happens to the married couple’s estate in a situation…

Post by : Christine Padilla, Attorney


Do Step Children Inherit From A Step Parent?
In the popular television show, Modern Family, Jay and Gloria are raising two children. One son, Manny, is Gloria’s child from a previous relationship, but was raised primarily by Jay and Gloria. Their younger son, Joe, is Jay and Gloria’s biological child. If something were to happen to Jay, and…

Post by : Christine Padilla, Attorney


What Estate Planning Documents Do I Need?
Estate Planning Documents Everyone Should Consider: There are some who are under the misconception that estate planning is only for the “rich.” In reality, estate planning is for anyone who cares about the distribution of their assets (whether big or small), and in reducing undue confusion and stress for their…

Post by : Christine Padilla, Attorney


What Happens to My Trust if I Move Away from California?
When relocating to a new state, the question is often asked: What happens to my trust if I move? Do I need to have my trust redone if I relocate to another state? A trust is a legal entity created primarily for establishing a distribution plan…

Post by : Christine Padilla, Attorney


What Happens If I Die Without A Will In California?
What does it mean to die “intestate” in California? What happens when someone passes away without a will in California? A person who passes away without first establishing a valid will is said to die “intestate.” When one dies without a valid will, a person’s estate is passed to their heirs…
  • 1
  • 2